This Complaints Policy (Policy) explains how you can make a complaint, our process for resolving your complaint, and who you can contact if you would like to escalate your complaint. In this Policy ‘Till Payments’, ‘we’, ‘our’, ‘us’ means Till Payments Canada Corp.
We are committed to ensuring that all complaints are handled efficiently, fairly and transparently.
We are also committed to adhering to the Code of Conduct for the Credit and Debit Industry in Canada
(Code of Conduct), including its complaints-handling requirements. The Code of Conduct outlines industry practices and responsibilities with respect to debit and credit card usage in Canada. Further information is detailed on the Financial Consumer Agency of Canada’s (FCAC) website at: www.fcac-acfc.gc.ca
A complaint is an expression of dissatisfaction made to or about us; related to our products, services, staff, or our handling of a complaint, where a response or resolution is explicitly or implicitly expected or legally required.
This may include complaints made to us about our merchants, merchants' customers, or business partners. This may also include complaints that our conduct may be contrary to the Code of Conduct.
You can make a complaint to us in one of the following ways:
+1 (833) 370-7515
Complaints Officer, Till Payments Canada Corp.,
380 Wellington St. Tower B, Office 648, London, Ontario N6A 5B5
When making a written complaint, please include the following information:
- your name
- how you wish for us to contact you (for example, by phone, email)
- what your complaint is about
- whether your complaint relates to the Code of Conduct, and
- what you are seeking to resolve your complaint
We are committed to ensuring that our complaints process is easy to understand, access and use for everyone.
If you need help to make or manage your complaint, you can appoint someone (for example, a relative or friend) to represent you. We require your authority to speak to any representative that you appoint. We are also happy to make other adjustments to our complaints process to assist you in making your complaint.
The general process that we will follow to resolve your complaint is:
- Acknowledgement – we will acknowledge receipt of your complaint within 5 business days
- Investigation and assessment – we will investigate and assess your complaint to determine the most-appropriate resolution outcome, and
- Final response – we will provide you with a written response to your complaint which will include the result of our investigation into your complaint and an explanation of our final decision.
We will attempt to resolve your complaint and provide our final response as soon as possible and no later than 90 calendar days after receiving your complaint. This may not always be possible in circumstances where a complaint is particularly complex or for reasons inside and outside of our control. If this occurs, we will contact you to let you know:
- when we expect to provide you with our final response
- what the cause of the delay is, and
- how you can escalate your Code of Conduct complaint should you wish to do so.
We are regulated by the FCAC. The FCAC is responsible for protecting the rights and interests of consumers of financial products and services. If you are not satisfied with our response or handling of your Code of Conduct complaint, you may escalate your complaint to the FCAC via:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 1-866-461-3222
- Online: www.fcac-acfc.gc.ca
- Mail: 6th Floor, Enterprise Building 427 Laurier Ave. West Ottawa, ON K1R 1B9
In addition to FCAC you may escalate your Code of Conduct complaint by contacting the relevant card scheme directly via:
- Visa Canada: email@example.com | Fax: 416-860-8873 | www.visa.ca
- Mastercard Canada: firstname.lastname@example.org | Call: 416-365-6655 | www.mastercard.ca | Mail: Mastercard Canada, 600 - 121 Bloor St. E, Toronto, Ontario, M4W 3M5 (Attn. Code of Conduct Compliance)
- Interac Canada: Phone: 416-362-8550 | 1-855-789-2979 | www.interac.ca
- Discover Canada: Phone: 1-800-263-0104 | Mail: Discover Global Network, PO Box 81, Georgetown, Ontario, L7G 4T1 | Email: CodeofConductInquiry@discover.com
A complaint that relates to our privacy practices that has not been resolved to your satisfaction by our Privacy Officer should be escalated to the Privacy Commissioner of Canada via:
- Telephone: 1-800-282-1376
- Website: Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada - Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada
- Mail: 30, Victoria Street, Gatineau, Quebec K1A 1H3
- Online contact form: Contact the OPC